What is the Love Languages?
I know many have taken the test and shared it with those they love or are partners with. I feel it is a very helpful tool for couples and anyone to know about themselves and those they love.
There are five love languages, and they are Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts, Quality Time, and Physical Touch. We all steer toward certain ones more than others as our preference. Once you take the quiz you then will know for yourself the love languages you lean more towards than others to make you the happiest. It’s a nice little way to get to know yourself and your partner or those you love just a little bit more.
You can go to this site: Discover Your Love Language to find out what order you prefer in your language of love.
My Love Language
I took the quiz at the end of March, when we were first starting to quarantine, self-isolate and social distance ourselves because of Covid-19, I saw a person mention the quiz in something I had read and decided to do the quiz again myself. It had been probably a year or two since I took the quiz and I couldn’t remember what my main one was and what order the rest were in.
My answers in the order I prefer:
- Physical Touch – You feel especially loved when your partner touches you in loving ways. Whether it’s a spontaneous kiss, playful cuddle, or gentle, loving touch on the arm, you feel that touch conveys the love your partner feels. You don’t understand why people would prefer to sit far apart on different chairs or couches, when they could be touching or in each other’s arms. when walking together, you really enjoy your partner reaching out to hold your hand, and you’d never say no to them giving you a massage.
- Quality Time – There’s nothing that makes you feel more loved than spending quality one-on-one time with the person you love. Great conversation and eye contact, flowing conversation, laughter and just being together. While fancy gifts and kindly spoken words are nice, you’d trade them any day for uninterrupted “together” time. You love it when your partner’s mobile phone is turned off or they sacrifice other important activities to spend time with you. Whether it’s a fancy restaurant or just cuddling up on the couch to watch a movie and laugh about it together, you’re happiest when you can share experiences together.
- Words of Affirmation – You feel extremely loved when your partner compliments you on the way you look or on the things you have done. You love their encouragement and verbal support and save their cards and love notes as some of your most precious items. You are always filled with such love when you receive a card they’ve written that expresses their heartfelt love for you in their own little way, little poems they might write, or if they ring you spontaneously during the day to say they love you.
- Acts of Service – You feel so loved when your partner does little things to help you. You always notice when they are thoughtful and put themself out to assist you, even if you could do those things yourself. There is such a sense of love and thankfulness you feel when they do this.
- Gift Giving – There’s nothing better than receiving a thoughtful gift to make you feel loved in a relationship. Whether it’s a single flower or something much more expensive, you love being fussed over, spoilt, and thought of. The fact that your partner thought to give you something then organized it is very meaningful to you.
As you see, physical touch is my number one, with a score of 32. I notice I do this myself when around those I love and/or care for. I am always touching them, either on the arm, leg or back. Then quality time followed with a score of 30, of which I love to spend quality time with my partner and share things, getting to know them more and more; words of affirmation with a score of 29, in which I really appreciate words from a person being proud of me, nice complements or that I have done well in something; and both acts of service and gift giving with scores of 24 each, where, even though I like being taken care of and receiving gifts, which shows the other person cares for me too, I would much rather be the one doing the taking care of and giving gifts.
Now that you see how it works and what you are doing it for, go take the quiz and have fun finding out your love languages! It’s entertaining and very interesting to find out if you are right in the way you think your love languages will turn out.
Let me know, if you get a chance, in the comments below what your love language order is! 🙂